Wednesday 27 April 2011

Is it me?

Look, I really don't expect to turn on the news to find really meaningful debate going on in Parliament, but come on. It's a bloody Punch and Judy show. Our erstwhile hero, the PM, bleats interminably about the 'recovery' heralded by 0.5% growth in the first quarter. Across the Dispatch Boxes, Judy, in the shape of the slightly more stupid brother, launches into a tirade about how the End of Days has come. Before we know it, we can hear faint strains of "Oh yes it does!" and "Oh no it doesn't!". It's mind numbingly, staggeringly tiresome. Surely I can't be the only member of the Great British Public who is sick of what passes for 'debate' among 'grown men and women'.

Do you feel confident that, if you sent one of these 650 buffoons to Morrison's for a loaf, they wouldn't come out an hour later with a half decent bottle of wine? What? Yes, I did say Morrison's. Yes, I did say 'half decent'. Look, if you buy a bottle, drink it and fall over as a result, it's half decent in my book.

Anyhoo, back to the (funny) farm. Is this our future? Has vigorous, intelligent debate really died? Don't tax your brain too much. It was a rhetorical question. Sod it, I'm off to Morrison's.

No comments:

Post a Comment